Children are a vital part of our church family and life.
We have a number of different groups which are outlined below.
- Relaxed and informal toddler praise
- Includes a simple Bible story, songs, craft activities and refreshments
- For pre-school children and their carers
- Held in Parish Church every Monday (term time only) 10-11am
- Provides support and friendship for parents/carers of new-born and toddlers.
- Great place to meet new friends and chat over a good strong cup of coffee or tea.
- Lots of fun for the little ones in a safe play environment. It is held in the Parish centre every Thursday 9.30-11am.
- A really fun, exciting and relaxed group for young individuals, yr3 up to and including yr9, to explore the Christian faith and socialise with friends and peers.
- We aim to meet once a month in the Parish Centre with a short 5 minute Bible-based talk, given by a variety of guest speakers, with the opportunity to ask questions and explore the text, in an informal and friendly arena.
- Followed by fun organised games and refreshments, either in the Parish Centre or down at the local Park.
- Look out for our additional social events within the calendar of dates.
- Facilitated and supervised by DBS checked adults.
The Ascenders meet on the first Saturday of the month 5pm-6:30pm (unless this falls in the school holidays were it would then be the 2nd Saturday instead).
For any more information please contact:
The Parish Church of the Ascension Church Street, Oughtibridge, S35 0FU
Claire Hennessey 07810007182 Lynsey Frost 07811108613
Sunday Club - 10:30am
- With crèche – for any child up to (and including) the age of 11.
- Takes place during Sunday morning service in Parish Centre.
- Not on the 3rd Sunday in month, as this is normally an all age family service
- A typical Sunday Club consists of Bible teaching (in age-appropriate groups), games, activities, and often a song.
- Also, various social events through the year
At the Parish Church we take the safety and wellbeing of children and young people seriously. Our child protection policy is available for download here. For more information about our Child Protection policy, please contact:
Mrs Lynsey Frost,
Child Protection Officer,
6, Skelton Rise,